Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Council has spoken! A complete list of results can be found at the site of our fearless leader, the infamous Watcher of Weasels


I'm happy to note that both my picks and my non-Council nominee finished in the money this week..

This week's winner is:

Soccer Dad: 3 spies and six days Soccer Dad's fascinating piece on three Mossad legends that helped win the Six-Day War for Israel. Bechatzlechah, Soccer Dad!

In second place was another outstanding piece which used Israel's `67 victory as a topic, The Six Day War in real time:Bookworm Room the always scintillating Ms.Bookworm's worthy attempt to combat the revisionist nonsense circulating in the dinosaur media on the anniversary of this event. Congrats,Ms. Bookworm!


For non-Council, I'm pleased to see that my nominee, Dan Simmons: Four modest proposals for getting out of Iraq won the honors...a superb piece that reduces our alternatives in Iraq to simple, logical choices....although my personal `modest proposal', that we ally with the Kurds, help them create a strong, independent Kurdistan and deploy our forces there as a base against Syria and Iran wasn't included by Mr. Simmons. (I've only been touting this for about a year now..)


In second place for non-Council was History News Network: Six-Day War - Israeli perspective I don't entirely agree with everything in this piece,( who cares, right?) but it is a well written exploration of this event and a worthy read.

Hearty Kudos to all the winners!

No comments: