Monday, July 02, 2007

Responsible Adults..



My pal Ms. Bookworm over at Bookworm Room has a great article in American Thinker called `responsible Adults' that I commend to your attention.

As she describes it, it’s ` a fairly frivolous look at a serious subject — the 2008 Presidential election. '

She uses movies and romance novels to make the point that when danger threatens, human instinct means that voters gravitate to candidates ( in her case she means the GOP) who exhibit the traditional manly values and persona and show a willingness and a history of taking on responsibility, rather than boyish, superannuated adolescents in the Democratic fold, most of whom don't compare well in these areas.

Funnily enough, we both agree on the Democrat candidate with the most testosterone - Hillary Clinton!

Check this one out...you'll enjoy it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm very flattered by the nice things you have to say about the article. I had fun writing it, but was a little concerned that it was too frivolous for publication.

Freedom Fighter said...

No no no, Ms. Bookworm..it was really well done.

As you might guess from the kind of tripe I write,I get mega-bored with people who are SERIOUS, self-important and full of themselves over paragraph after paragraph after paragraph ad nauseum..to the point where you want to just gag!

This was fun, as well as making a serious point.

My wonderful wife reads romance novels (*shuddder*)so I have enough of a nodding acquaintance with the genre to appreciate what you were saying.

Plus, I had fun picking out the graphic!

All Good Things,
FF