Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The GOP Establishment Sees The Light

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg9tcQQjJr9F3JlUwX_SJiE2R9MCyUs1NJ61ik3OevilPGBJ5GJ06yipGB1cdOfdjXR6h1jh5tQN89bfYsByBngUySA4UHgGnDtvep0cS7tV4_9LNRSIIFetoO-7U-J4B_p7C-Lzw/s400/JohnCornyn.jpg

Heh! That was quick...

Sen. John Cornyn, chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, has changed his tune completely and issued a statement today saying that he spoke to O'Donnell and told her she would have the NRSC's support.I guarantee you Cornyn got an earful from his fellow Texans!

"Let there be no mistake: The National Republican Senatorial Committee — and I personally as the committee’s chairman — strongly stand by all of our Republican nominees, including Christine O’Donnell in Delaware," Cornyn said in a statement.

"That support includes a $42,000 check, the maximum allowable direct donation to a campaign", Cornyn said.

“We remain committed to holding Democrat nominee New Castle County Executive Chris Coons accountable this November, as we inform voters about his record of driving his county to the brink of bankruptcy and supporting his party’s reckless spending policies in Washington," Cornyn said.

Coons is a Democrat apparatchnik who is a self described Marxist, and Obama has a negative approval rating in Delaware.

Is anyone seriously suggesting he can't be beaten?

(via memeorandum)

please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

4 comments:

B.Poster said...

Unfortunately the money committment and the support are likely for show. I would expect both Deomcrats and Republicans to work to destroy her candidacy. One main area of agreement that main stream Republicans and Democrats seem to have in common is they hate the "tea party." I hope I'm wrong of course.

"Is anyone seriously suggesting he can't be beaten?" It does almost seem to be an article of faith among the media and main stream Republicans that the "tea party" candidates don't have appeal in the general election. Is this true? I don't know. We'll see what develops.

B.Poster said...

I've read that Ms. O'donnell has some serious ethical problems. Is this really true or is this simply whining on the part of main stream Republicans, the Democrats, or the Demorat supporting media? What is clear is the media, Democrats, and main stream Republicans are targeting her for destruction. As such, any serious issues surrounding her will come out. We'll see what develops.

Freedom Fighter said...

fromwhat I've seen, she had less ethical problems than Mike Castle, a guy who spent 23 years in government and somehow became a millionaire on a legislator's salary.

B.Poster said...

Freedom Fighter,

I agree with you. When I posted, I was pressed for time. As I was posting, I was thinking about glass houses. Specifically those who live in them should not throw stones. Had I had more time as I was posting I would have added that to the post.