Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Dog Dies In Fire After Saving His Master

http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/dynamic/01172/Duncan_1172377l.jpg

Scott Dunn fell asleep on his sofa yesterday at his home in Marietta, Georgia with his devoted friend Duncan, a 3 1/2-year-old boxer by his side.

“Duncan was covered up with me, and I fell asleep, and the next thing I knew, he was poking at me and barking,” Dunn said. “Normally, that means he needs to go out, but when I woke up, I couldn’t see because there was smoke.”

Dunn quickly put on his pants and boots, found his truck keys and cell phone and grabbed Duncan by the collar, then ran out of the burning house.

Somehow Duncan slipped out of his collar and was trapped in the burning house, where he died after saving the life of his owner.

"Anyone that knows me and has ever met Duncan knew he was the best dog in the world, and he didn’t deserve that,” Duncan said. “I should be there, he shouldn’t, but he saved my life.”

Firefighters later found the dog's remains and buried them in the yard.

“They weren’t going to let me watch, but I refused that. I said, ‘that’s my dog and I want to say the final goodbye.’”

Dunn said Duncan had been badly burned in the fire.“You wouldn’t recognize him, but I still leaned down, gave him a hug and gave him a kiss, and four or five of the fire department guys started crying, but I wasn’t going to let my boy go out like that,” Dunn said. “That’s my boy.”

please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

1 comment:

Crazy Bald Guy said...

Poor dog :-(